A powerful expression of biblical community.
This is a setting in which people connect with a small group of friends who are mutually committed to caring for one another, growing in their faith, and impacting others for the cause of Christ. We invite you to find a group of friends that live near you so you can join them in “sharing life together.”
We believe that growing to become more like Jesus happens best in the context of relationship. That’s why we strategically use our LifeGroups as the major component in the Building Up aspect of our mission.
For more info, please call us at (951) 929 2135
ROCK SOLID – PRINCIPLE #3
A steward ________________________ a portion of what they earn. Is it biblical to save money? ________________________
“The wise man saves for the future, but the foolish man spends whatever he gets.” PROVERBS 21:20 (TLB)
THERE ARE 2 REASONS TO SAVE MONEY: 1. Short-Term Savings ________________________
- At least ________________________ in an emergency fund
- In Debt? 1 month of essential living expenses
- No Debt? 3 months of essential living expenses
• Real estate taxes, insurance premiums, vacations, Christmas, etc.
2. Long-Term Savings
Your future ________________________ and ________________________. • Saving for retirement and college
RULE OF THUMB:
________ ________ TITHING LONG-TERM
________ LIVING EXPENSES (Bills & Discretionary)
WHY IS LONG-TERM SAVINGS IMPORTANT?
The longer you ________________________ the less ________________________ ________________________ works for you.
WHAT COMMITMENT WILL I MAKE TODAY?
- I will put aside $___________ every pay check to build a $1000 emergency fund.
- I will increase my emergency fund to 1 or 3 months of essential expenses by saving $___________ per/paycheck.
- I have an emergency fund and will save 10% of my income in a retirement account.
- I need to increase my retirement savings to 15% +.
Follow up questions regarding our E.P.I.C. commitments:
1. How are you doing or what could be your plan for reading your Bible daily as you spend “Every Day with Jesus”?
2. What are some specific ways you could show “Practical Love” to those you’re praying to come to know Jesus?
3. What are you doing or what is your next step to live out your commitment for “Intentional Ministry”?
4. Share with your group something you want to do as you think through your commitment for “Comprehensive Investment” in the Kingdom of God.
Steady plodding brings prosperity; hasty speculation brings poverty. PROVERBS 21:5 (TLB)
Financial Peace – Dave Ramsey
I Was Broke Now I’m Not – Joseph Sangl
The Treasure Principle – Randy Alcorn
The Blessed Life – Robert Morris
The ABC’s of Financial Freedom – Barry L. Cameron